Jonathan Cahn false teacher?

FAQs. Ask a question here (Public Access Forum)

Jonathan Cahn false teacher?

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:16 pm

I want to make it clear I do not believe in the replacement theory. But I know that the church is a spiritual parallel to Israel. America was founded by Jewish people along with Christopher Columbus an Italian Jew. What do you make of Jonathan Cahn's teaching (in the Harbinger) that the United States is being judged like Israel was, according to Isaiah 9:10?

Re: Jonathan Cahn false teacher?

Postby admin » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Guest wrote:I want to make it clear I do not believe in the replacement theory. But I know that the church is a spiritual parallel to Israel. America was founded by Jewish people along with Christopher Columbus an Italian Jew. What do you make of Jonathan Cahn's teaching (in the Harbinger) that the United States is being judged like Israel was, according to Isaiah 9:10?

I do not think it is a straightforward kind of exegesis that reads the prophetic word given to ancient Israel to (secretly or analogously) be about the modern United States during the end of days... The analogy would hold only if the covenantal terms between Israel and God were the same as those between the United States and God, which is not clear at all... In the case of ancient Israel, we have Moses and the tochachah that mentions judgment of exile, destruction, etc., but in the case of the United States there was no land covenant given... To put it bluntly, I do not adhere to Jonathan Cahn's method of interpreting the Scriptures. Shalom.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask a Question...