What about "Israeli occupation"?

FAQs. Ask a question here (Public Access Forum)

What about "Israeli occupation"?

Postby yingin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:40 am

I recently saw a video being sold at a church book store called "Zionism Unsettled" which promotes the case that "Israel should be divested" because of injustice toward the "Palestinians." How do you handle questions about "Israeli occupation"?
yingin

Re: What about "Israeli occupation"?

Postby admin » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:46 am

yingin wrote:I recently saw a video being sold at a church book store called "Zionism Unsettled" which promotes the case that "Israel should be divested" because of injustice toward the "Palestinians." How do you handle questions about "Israeli occupation"?

Shalom Yingin. If you have faith in the words of Torah and the other Jewish Scriptures (including, of course, the New Testament), then the answer is evident. Israel was given unconditional promise by God to Abraham to take possession of the land of Canaan (gen. 15:7-21). This "covenant of the parts" is based on the unconditional oath of God himself to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, i.e., the Jewish people... Moreover, the LORD God Almighty, our Maker and Redeemer, is called the "God of Israel," the God of "Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob" (Exod. 3:15), the "Holy One of Israel" (Isa. 5:24), and so on. Jesus himself was born the "King of the Jews," which is also another title for God, and he plainly said that "salvation is from the Jews" (John 4:22). If our Savior and LORD said such things, and also clearly spoke of the restoration of Israel at the end of the age (Mattt. 24-25, etc), then we ought to likewise esteem Israel in our hearts. Moreover, Zion, or Jerusalem, is used over 1,000 times in Scripture, and there is no indication whatsoever that Jesus called off the great vision of Zion and the coming kingdom of God upon the earth after the time of Great Tribulation. God is the owner of the land, but he made promise to the descendants of Israel to inherit that land forever.

I hope that helps...
admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask a Question...