Rabbi Kaduri Prophecy?

FAQs. Ask a question here (Public Access Forum)

Rabbi Kaduri Prophecy?

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:21 pm

What are your thoughts regarding Rabbi Kaduri's prophecy that the Messiah's name is Yehoshua? Thanks

Re: Rabbi Kaduri Prophecy?

Postby admin » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:29 pm

Guest wrote:What are your thoughts regarding Rabbi Kaduri's prophecy that the Messiah's name is Yehoshua? Thanks

A couple thoughts come to mind. First, Rabbi Yitzhak Kaduri did not leave a message that Jesus (of the New Testament) was the promised Messiah of Israel, but that the name of Messiah is "Yehoshua," which also happens to be Jesus' Hebrew name. This is a coincidence, perhaps, but it does not mean he was confessing that Jesus is indeed Israel's Messiah (though he may have indeed alluded to this). Secondly, the role of the Holy Spirit in prophecy is to declare the truth, but the Holy Spirit glorifies and attests to the truth of Jesus as the Messiah, and the gift of prophecy given by the Holy Spirit to Jesus' followers demonstrates the power of God (John 16:14; 2 Cor. 4:6; 1 John 5:20). R' Kaduri's prophecy has a different origin than that declared in the Scriptures: "Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son (i.e., ἐν υἱῷ, lit. "in son," in the language of son), whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world" (Heb. 1:1-2).

Jesus (Yehoshua/Yeshua) is indeed the Messiah of Israel, but we don't need to rely on trickery to state the truth; we only have to believe the words of our holy Scriptures. Jesus said, ""I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6). "For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" (2 Cor. 4:6).
admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask a Question...