Can you recommend a good Seminary?

FAQs. Ask a question here (Public Access Forum)

Can you recommend a good Seminary?

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:27 pm

Shalom. I would love to attend seminary, but I've found a lot, perhaps all, seminaries focus on Greek rather than Hebrew. I was thinking of Western Theological Seminary, but then started to look more into Jewish Universities (JTS?). That is how I stumbled onto your site! Do you have any recommendations for me?

Re: Can you recommend a good Seminary?

Postby admin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Guest wrote:Shalom. I would love to attend seminary, but I've found a lot, perhaps all, seminaries focus on Greek rather than Hebrew. I was thinking of Western Theological Seminary, but then started to look more into Jewish Universities (JTS?). That is how I stumbled onto your site! Do you have any recommendations for me?

I don't really have a lot of "faith" in most seminaries (pun intended), though if you must go, choose one that at least regards ethnic Israel as a theological category based on God's clear promises made in the Torah and Nakh (Old Testament). See if the prospective seminary offers classes like "Israelology" or "Torah Studies." Some dispensational seminaries, while not overtly Messianic, will at least be sympathetic to the truth that God has a plan for ethnic Israel. Be aware that traditionally Jewish yeshivas and other Jewish Universities certainly will deny that Yeshua is the Messiah, the Savior, and the very LORD, and therefore are in the gravest sort of spiritual error...

A really good choice, however, is to earnestly studying the truth of the Scriptures by living in the "School of God's hard knocks." That way, you won't be aiming to please men (i.e., by getting grades) as much as genuinely living for eternity by seeking to please the only true Teacher.

Shalom.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask a Question...