Help with Psalm 10:4

FAQs. Ask a question here (Public Access Forum)

Help with Psalm 10:4

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Could you, if you have time, translate this verse. I'm studying human pride and how it effects us and just what it means to us. This verse, word for word doesn't make sense to me where others do. Pride is translated from Hebrew words that mean: majesty or pride, height of heart, heights of the heavens. This one has the meaning: nose or anger?

Psa. 10:4 רשע כגבה אפו בל ידרש אין אלהים כל מזמותיו

Re: Help with Psalm 10:4

Postby admin » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Guest wrote:Could you, if you have time, translate this verse. I'm studying human pride and how it effects us and just what it means to us. This verse, word for word doesn't make sense to me where others do. Pride is translated from Hebrew words that mean: majesty or pride, height of heart, heights of the heavens. This one has the meaning: nose or anger?

Psa. 10:4 רשע כגבה אפו בל ידרש אין אלהים כל מזמותיו

Shalom... The phrase "in the height of his nose" (כְּגבַהּ אַפּוֹ) is an idiom meaning that he is arrogant, sticking his nose upward (recall various pictures of world leaders as they vaunt themselves, with jaws clenched and their nose lifted high like the "horn" of an aggressive animal). The idea seems to be that the LORD sees the wicked afar off - their very countenance is a revelation of their evil ways..
admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask a Question...