Hebrew studies for beginner

FAQs. Ask a question here (Public Access Forum)

Hebrew studies for beginner

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:42 am

Shalom, I have decided to endeavor to learn Hebrew. I am realizing it is difficult to learn. It doesn't sound anything like English but I love your attempt to write Hebrew into English. I am sure it has been done before. I wondered it there was a workbook with this book. If there is one available I would love to have it. I have downloaded the homeschool resources available on the site. I will need all the help I will be able to get. I also wonder if the Hebrew of today is exactly the same as in Christ's time with humans. There was a time when Jesus was God but not man, but there never was a time when He was man and not God!

May the Lord God protect and keep you.

Re: Hebrew studies for beginner

Postby admin » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:46 am

Shalom... thanks for writing. The book includes a workbook, plus there are a number of worksheets, etc., available for download on the main site.

The Hebrew spoken by Yeshua (Jesus) was "Second Temple" Hebrew, so it used the "square script" that we see today in modern Torah scrolls. The "jots and tittles" most likely refer to ornamental strokes on the letters that were implemented after the return of the exiles from Babylon when Ezra the Scribe established the authorized texts.

I would recommend that you go SLOWLY and ask the LORD for wisdom as you study. You were not raised with Hebrew as a second language, so it will take you some time to get the "feel" of how it works. Consider your studies as preparation for meeting the Lord Jesus one day. May He say to you, Shalom Chaveri! (Peace, my friend)

- John
admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask a Question...