Inverted Nun

FAQs. Ask a question here (Public Access Forum)

Inverted Nun

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:58 am

In my desire to learn more about our Father, I run into your pages. In your Home page there is an article about “Mysteries of the Hebrew Alphabet” you talk about a textual oddity in the Torah, an inverted Nun that appears both before and after
Numbers 10:35-36. I look for it in the Hebrew Torah I have, but I could not find it, which made me think I did not understand what were you saying.

You, also, mention about yielding the seven (not five) books of Moses, of which I have heard of it before. Would you be so kind to expound on these.

Re: Inverted Nun

Postby admin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:02 am

An inverted Nun (Nun Hafuchah) appears both before and after Numbers 10:35-36. You cannot see this unless you have a kosher Torah scroll that adheres to scribal traditions (soferut) - the printed Hebrew text found in a book will not reveal these things... At any rate, in the Talmud (Shabbat 115b, 116a) it is stated that any part of the Torah with 85 or more letters is itself considered a "book," and therefore, according to some of the Jewish sages, this passage of Scripture actually demarcates a separate book of the Torah! The idea for the "seven books" of Moses, comes from considering the counterfactual idea that the spies did not sin and Israel was then given permission to enter the promised land under the leadership of Moses.

More of this explained here: http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Gramma ... l#Advanced

Shalom
admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask a Question...