Where is the mitzvot of "Torah of New Covenant"?

FAQs. Ask a question here (Public Access Forum)

Where is the mitzvot of "Torah of New Covenant"?

Postby Tofik » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:24 am

I'm from here : http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Articl ... mpare.html

I quote your writings in that article : "...between the Torah of the New Covenant (given at Zion) with the Torah of the older Covenant (given at Sinai)."

I know that the (613) mitzvot of Torah of the older Covenant (Sinaitic Covenant) are described in the Pentateuch.
My question is : Where are the mitzvot of "Torah of New Covenant" explicitly described in the Bible?

Shalom.
Tofik

Re: Where is the mitzvot of "Torah of New Covenant"?

Postby admin » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 am

Tofik wrote:I'm from here : http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Articl ... mpare.html

I quote your writings in that article : "...between the Torah of the New Covenant (given at Zion) with the Torah of the older Covenant (given at Sinai)."

I know that the (613) mitzvot of Torah of the older Covenant (Sinaitic Covenant) are described in the Pentateuch.
My question is : Where are the mitzvot of "Torah of New Covenant" explicitly described in the Bible?

Shalom.

Actually, the 613 commandments are NOT explicitly enumerated in the Torah. The idea that there are taryag mitzvot is really a rabbinical construction, primarily based on Rambam's listing given in Sefer Hamitzvot, where he identifies 248 "positive commandments" (mitzvot aseh) and 365 "negative commandments" (mitzvot lo ta'aseh). The 248 positive commandments are fancifully said to equal the number of bones and significant organs in the human body, whereas the 365 negative commandments are said to correspond to the number of days in a solar year.

At any rate, there are similar sorts of lists of imperatives given in the New Testament, with some people counting 1050 commandments, while others find even more. Yeshua centered the issue of obedience to be that of faith in Him as Master and Lord. Believing in Yeshua is the central commandment from which all the others may be derived...

Shalom
admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask a Question...