What English Bible version would be recommended?

FAQs. Ask a question here (Public Access Forum)

What English Bible version would be recommended?

Postby Brentmills » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:49 am

Hello Again,
I have always read the KJV because it was the first Bible I had and now it is falling apart ( held together with Duct Tape ) I am in need of a new Bible and though I am attempting to learn Hebrew/Greek I do need a new Bible and was curious as to what you could recommend? I wondered specificaly about the NASB and NKJV. Personaly do not like the NIV but that's just a personal preference I suppose.

Sorry to bother you as I know your busy

Blessings
Brentmills

Re: What English Bible version would be recommended?

Postby admin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Brentmills wrote:Hello Again,
I have always read the KJV because it was the first Bible I had and now it is falling apart ( held together with Duct Tape ) I am in need of a new Bible and though I am attempting to learn Hebrew/Greek I do need a new Bible and was curious as to what you could recommend? I wondered specificaly about the NASB and NKJV. Personaly do not like the NIV but that's just a personal preference I suppose.

Sorry to bother you as I know your busy

Blessings

Shalom Brent,

It's good to consult various English translations when doing work with the original languages... You might consider finding a good Hebrew and Greek interlinear, as well. Nothing beats reading the Hebrew and Greek for yourself, of course, though it's a long process to learn these languages with any degree of facility. For memorization, I would stick with what works best for you. I memorize using the KJV since it is a wonderful translation and it renders English elegantly. I would stay away from "New Age" translations that take liberty with the originally languages by paraphrasing or sneaking in private interpretations...

I hope that helps...
admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask a Question...