I for one am thankful for the Jewish people

FAQs. Ask a question here (Public Access Forum)

I for one am thankful for the Jewish people

Postby BrentMills » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:45 am

Hello,
I just found your site and am very interested. I accepted Jesus as my saviour years ago. Though I am by no means a scholar I have always been a little baffled by the outright hatred that I found some Christians speaking against Jewish people and the nation of Israel.
I will be going in for a major operation next week and will be laid up for at least 4 months, which will give me plenty of time to study the Word and I am very interested in Learning as much as I can about Hebrew and Greek of course so am excited about your site. I have always just assumed that what the Bible said was truth and those we as members of the body of Christ were as it says Joint Heirs with Christ so therefore blessed to be partakers of the promises made to Israel.
So looking forward to learning more from this site.
One question I have is did not the apostles preach Christ only with the Jewish Torah? so how can Christian theologians possibly say that the Church replaces Israel or the Jewish people?? Like I say I am not a scholar but I do love the Lord and am for one very, very, thankful for the gift that was made possible such as is said in Titus 2:11-15
I have been in trouble many times in my church life since I tend to examine everything that someone tells me to see if I can find it in the Bible.
Blessings to you
BrentMills

Re: I for one am thankful for the Jewish people

Postby admin » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:24 pm

BrentMills wrote:Hello,
I just found your site and am very interested. I accepted Jesus as my saviour years ago. Though I am by no means a scholar I have always been a little baffled by the outright hatred that I found some Christians speaking against Jewish people and the nation of Israel.
I will be going in for a major operation next week and will be laid up for at least 4 months, which will give me plenty of time to study the Word and I am very interested in Learning as much as I can about Hebrew and Greek of course so am excited about your site. I have always just assumed that what the Bible said was truth and those we as members of the body of Christ were as it says Joint Heirs with Christ so therefore blessed to be partakers of the promises made to Israel.
So looking forward to learning more from this site.
One question I have is did not the apostles preach Christ only with the Jewish Torah? so how can Christian theologians possibly say that the Church replaces Israel or the Jewish people?? Like I say I am not a scholar but I do love the Lord and am for one very, very, thankful for the gift that was made possible such as is said in Titus 2:11-15
I have been in trouble many times in my church life since I tend to examine everything that someone tells me to see if I can find it in the Bible.
Blessings to you

Shalom Brent,

I wish you a speedy recovery from your illness and ask the LORD to bless you with strength...

You are correct when you say that the Messiah and His disciples read the Torah (as well as the other Jewish Scriptures, i.e., the Prophets (Neviim) and the Writings (Ketuvim); collectively, the threefold division of the Jewish Scriptures is called the Tanakh). When the Apostle Paul later wrote, "All Scripture is inspired by God..." he was of course likewise referring to the Jewish Scriptures, since the New Testament had not yet been canonized when he penned those words.

For more about Israel and the Church, please take a look at:
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Articl ... srael.html

Regarding the anti-Jewish bias within organized Christianity, please see:
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Articl ... endom.html

Shalom and may the blessings of Yeshua be with you!
admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask a Question...