Is Hebrew too hard to learn?

FAQs. Ask a question here (Public Access Forum)

Is Hebrew too hard to learn?

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:02 pm

A or would that be Aleph???? I am getting confused about the first letter of the Hebrew Alphabet. Is it true that Elohim is spelled with the letter a? Anyway, I am wondering if I can learn hebrew at my age - 64! any help?

Re: Is Hebrew too hard to learn?

Postby admin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Guest wrote:A or would that be Aleph???? I am getting confused about the first letter of the Hebrew Alphabet. Is it true that Elohim is spelled with the letter a? Anyway, I am wondering if I can learn hebrew at my age - 64! any help?

Shalom! First, the letter Aleph is a "silent letter" that receives the sound of its accompanying vowel. You will learn that later. Just learn the shape of the letter at this point. The rest will come soon enough (and yes, the Name Elohim begins with the letter Aleph).

Second, let me encourage you not to give up your studies. Even a LITTLE Hebrew helps!!! "Step-by-step; here a little, there a little." We trust the Holy Spirit to reveal what is most important. God has no problem with our halting efforts as we learn. He is like a good father who extends his arms out to his young child - and is pleased when the child makes his first steps...

You are never too old to learn - especially the truth of God's word! Shalom, stay strong, and love to you.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask a Question...