An article said "The Cross has paganism origin"

FAQs. Ask a question here (Public Access Forum)

An article said "The Cross has paganism origin"

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:48 am

Shalom... I have found an article in a Messianic congregation website that says it is prohibited to follower of Messiah to wear/use Cross symbol or to hang Cross symbol in the house, because the Cross symbol has a paganism origin (for example, the cross is originated from Egypt's Ankh cross). In the article, we should use "the original symbol of the followers of Messiah", that is ICHTUS fish or Menorah or Messianic seal. It is said that the first non-Jews followers of Christ used ICTUS fish and refused to use Cross symbol because the Cross symbol has a paganism origin. What's your thought about this "Cross" issues?

Re: An article said "The Cross has paganism origin"

Postby admin » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:25 pm

Guest wrote:Shalom... I have found an article in a Messianic congregation website that says it is prohibited to follower of Messiah to wear/use Cross symbol or to hang Cross symbol in the house, because the Cross symbol has a paganism origin (for example, the cross is originated from Egypt's Ankh cross). In the article, we should use "the original symbol of the followers of Messiah", that is ICHTUS fish or Menorah or Messianic seal. It is said that the first non-Jews followers of Christ used ICTUS fish and refused to use Cross symbol because the Cross symbol has a paganism origin. What's your thought about this "Cross" issues?

I think that such a view is sheer nonsense, especially from a Scriptural point of view. The Apostle Paul referred to "the offense of the cross" (τὸ σκάνδαλον τοῦ σταυροῦ) which he did not want removed (Gal. 5:11). The message of the cross "offends" because it reveals the unvarnished truth about our spiritual condition.

For more about this, please see:

http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Articl ... cross.html

Shalom
admin
Site Admin

Return to Ask a Question...